… is to go out & teach the gospel & make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father & of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that Christ has commanded you; and lo, [he is] with you always, even to the end of this age. Matthew 28:19-20
The Winnipeg Church of God bases its beliefs on the Holy Bible, the inspired Word of God. Our doctrines, practices, policies and traditions have their roots in the Worldwide Church of God and the Church of God International.
Scripture says that we must “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18). Within that biblical mandate, the Ministers and Elders of the Winnipeg Church of God, led by the Holy Spirit, have the responsibility to edify its members to help facilitate the work of the Holy Spirit.
- We are a like-minded group of brethren that God is bringing together to hear and preach the Good News.
- We believe that the Great Commandment (Mt 22), as amplified by the Ten Commandments (Ex. 20), reveals God’s character and purposes to us and is a guide for all that we do.
- At baptism, the Christian enters the “new covenant” with God (Matthew 26:28). That new covenant does not do away with the law of God.
- Faith is vital for salvation, being one of the foundational doctrines of the Bible (Hebrews 6:1)
- We believe that God’s Church should be a place of peace, mutual respect, rest, and safety (Col 3:15).
- All the brethren have a part in the work, and labor together.
- All we do is to the glory and honor of God.
- God’s annual Festivals are listed in Leviticus 23 and in Deuteronomy 16. These God-given holy days were commanded to be observed “forever” (Leviticus 23:4, 21, 31, 41)